Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) provide value to an organization through a shared and transparent understanding of key performance indicators that drive financial performance. Through structured discussions, an organization can draw key insights and greater understanding of actual performance against plan expectations and, as necessary, recalibrate plans to achieve business objectives. QBRs provide an opportunity to enhance organizational financial acumen, drive a culture of continuous improvement, and improve organizational agility.
Transforming Your Strategy for Equipment Services and Replacement
For years, leaders at RWJBarnabas Health, West Orange, N.J., relied on full-service contracts from equipment manufacturers to maintain their linear accelerators, robotic surgery systems, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners, and other critical equipment. However, such service came at a high price. In 2011, leaders decided to adopt a self-insured model combining labor from their in-house service technicians with original equipment manufacturer support purchased on an as-needed basis. Thanks to their efforts, leaders have reduced equipment service costs by 20-24 percent. The strategy also laid the groundwork for a new process that has dramatically changed how leaders at RWJBarnabas Health replace critical equipment as part of their capital planning process.
This session will demonstrate:
1. Continuous Quality Improvement: Learn the benefits of a service oriented clinical engineering management team on quality and satisfaction
2. Cost Effective Service Delivery: Learn how to change the vendor relationship with delivering cost effective service without jeopardizing quality
3. Utilizing Data Metrics for Decision Making: Learn how understanding the total cost of ownership for your healthcare organization’s equipment can assist in making more informed decisions around risk, service delivery contracts and replacement of equipment
1. Learn how incorporating different data metrics around the total cost of ownership can make for better decision making for replacement capital and service contracts
2. Learn how organizations can reduce costs through a more effective replacement process utilizing data and the right tools
3. Learn how Equipment Replacement creates a strategy and improves communication among various groups including senior management, finance, supply chain, and clinical engineering.